Naming Sholem Aleichem College in your Will is a powerful yet simple act of generosity. It provides a gift for the future, a legacy for future students who, regardless of financial constraints, can attend our school to gain a strong academic and Jewish education in the early years, something that will stay with them for life.
For some people, giving through their Will is often the only time they can make a significant gift to an organisation of their choice. So whether you are a parent, grandparent, relative or family friend of someone who has been involved with Sholem Aleichem College, or just an admirer of its values, there are certainly many ways you can help.
You can include Sholem Aleichem College in your Will in the following ways:
• a general purpose bequest to be used by Sholem Aleichem College in an area of most need at the time
• a specific purpose bequest that decides how Sholem Aleichem College is to receive your support
• an endowment fund, named in your honour, where the capital value of your bequest is invested and the interest it earns is used for specific or general purposes by Sholem Aleichem College.
If you would like to leave a bequest, there are a number of ways you can do this and the following provides the options available:
• a specific dollar amount
• a specific percentage of your Estate
• the residual or your Estate or a % of the residual (after your other bequests have been distributed)
• real estate, shares, art and /or other capital assets
• life insurance policies or annuities
In order to ensure that you have the correct wording, it is important to seek the advice of an expert, such as a solicitor or trustee company, to assist you to draw up your Will.
If you would like to make further enquiries about recognising Sholem Aleichem College in your Will, please phone (03) 9528 5230 and ask to speak to a member of our Development team, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be delighted to hear from you and pleased to discuss your gift intentions and provide you with any additional information you may need. We applaud your generosity and foresight and thank you for supporting Sholem Aleichem College.